Trip to Montana
Kem and I have been in Montana for the last few days after I made a short trip back to visit my father in NJ. It was good to spend some time with him, he looks and appears to be doing quite better than he sounded when he was first admitted to the hospital.Here is a picture of some of the local residents of the west side of Glacier Nat'l Park. They seem to be doing quite well in a forest that was recently burned in a forest fire.
I quickly learned that giving the logging trucks right of way on a narrow road can quickly put you off the road and unable to get out (a large shoulder drop off into soft snow). Luckily the loggers were so nice and freindly that they offered a tow and we were out within minutes. I get the sneaky suspicion that they like playing chicken with tourists.
The obligatory post card shot in front of McDonald Lake on the west side of the park.
The rocks in the lake are beautifully varied in color. The view was picturesque of the rockies reflected off the glacial Lake McDonald.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home