Monday, April 03, 2006

St Mary Lake

We drove to the eastern side of the park where we found the picturesque St Mary Lake frozen and covered with snow. Here Kem and I cautiously test the ice.










This is one of the more famous views of the park. Tad, Scott and I visited this very site many years ago during medical school. Wild goose island sits in St Mary Lake with rugged Rocky mountain peaks in the background (unfortunately clouded in at the moment).







On our drive back to the western side, we caught McDonald Lake during sunset and captured the Flathead river reflecting the fading evening light.










The light was gorgeous and the lake was flat as glass.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shanti said...

Wow, those are some great pictures Mish. I suspect that you used your tripod on the low light shots, do you have the electronic shutter release or are you using the timer? Regardless, I hope you print some out for others to enjoy offline.

It still look cold in those parts. Whose Jeep went into the soft snow?

12:05 AM  
Blogger Misha said...

Tripod was key. I have an electronic shutter release, but often I just use the timer. I haven't printed out any yet from this trip. I haven't been able to post the rest of my pictures.

That was our rental Jeep in the snow!

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home