Friday, August 14, 2009

Backyard Pergola

We have two wisteria plants that have far outgrown the original arbor that I installed several years ago. The last couple of weekends I have been putting together a cedar pergola for it to climb on. It has dramatically changed the backyard as it opened the space and created a separate living area for us to enjoy between the vegetable garden and the gorgeous dahlia's in full bloom. Come next spring the vines should be more robust and full of blooms drooping down from above- I can't wait.






Here is a detail of my handiwork with a Skill saw, wood plane, DeWalt drill and hand chisels

2 Comments:

Blogger Shanti said...

Nice job on the pergola, Misha. Working on the house can be rewarding. What did you do about the footings to the concrete slab?

8:09 PM  
Blogger Misha said...

I used a galvanized steel bracket and used an expanding 1/2" bolt to anchor it to the cement. It worked like a charm. We decided that it would look neater with less of a footprint than a larger cement block.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home