
It took me some creativity to find a way to replace my camera equipment that mysteriously vanished from my house last month. As most of you know I spent the last week at a conference up in Alaska. This photo was taken during my drive to the hotel at 2 in the morning! Although it was a long exposure, we were far enough north that the sun barely set at night.

I visited a nearby wildlife preserve where there were (among other things) juvenile brown bears looking rather pissed that there was a wire fence separating him from the tourists.

The whole area was incredibly beautiful. The landscapes were dominated by mountains carved up by the ancient ice fields and glaciers. Here is one of the continually receding glaciers (Exit Glacier) outside of Seward on the Kenai Penninsula.

I caught an evening glacier cruise to take in some wildlife on the water and try to get a nice view of the glaciers. The fog rolled in and hid the glacier but it produced a very unusual effect with the setting sun. Interestingly, the sun sets and rises in the north up there since it arcs almost all the way around the horizon.

The drive home was on one of the most scenic roads I have ever seen.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home