
Melanie and I went on a road trip to Yellowstone National Park last week. She had never visited before and I knew her love of wildlife would make the trip worthwhile. This shot was from the passenger side window going about 75 mph down towards the northern entrance to the park near Gardiner, MT. I like how it captures the movement in the foreground leaving the clouds and mountains stable for contrast

The Hayden valley has an abundance of wildlife dominated by bison roaming the valley. They are impressively large and imposing up close. They do not shy away from the tourists or vehicles as they seem to know that they own this place

There was a smaller stream carving out serpentine oxbows in the once flooded plains of the Hayden valley. Melanie composes a shot with her Leica M3

Mel awaits a performance of the geothermal spectacle known as Old Faithful. I have to say that spending a week inside of a super volcano did make me a bit nervous.

I had the advantage of a digital SLR and a selection of lenses. Melanie was using her father's Rolleiflex and is approaching her subject of wallowing bison

The highlight of the trip for me was a 2 hr horseback ride and a cowboy dinner out on the prairie. These were our steady steeds after carrying a group of twenty tourists on their backs. They are impressive creatures
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home